WHO MAKES THE BEST GAMES? is the 12th episode of Gamer Nation, hosted by Jovenshire, Sohinki, Lasercorn, and returning guest Jessica Villarreal, who discuss their favorite video game developers. It was released on December 15, 2012.
Blayze promo is CLOSED. Thanks for playing!
JesV is back to chat with us about the best game developers
- Lasercorn loves Valve Corporation, partially for making some of his favorite games, summing it up by saying that Valve simply does not develop bad games. Lasercorn also talks about Blizzard Entertainment. In his opinion, the worst game developer is Zynga, developer of Farmville.
- Sohinki agrees with Lasercorn on Blizzard and Valve. Sohinki also mentions Rockstar Games makes games almost universally loved by everyone. Sohinki negatively calls out PopCap Games, developer of Bejeweled, which Joven and Jessica disagreed with.
- Jessica's favorite game company is id Software, praising their games and how many game engines are based on ones created by them, like how the IW engine was based on id Tech 3 and how Source is based on the Quake engine.
- The group talks about Epic Games, developer of Bulletstorm.
- Jovenshire talks about Rare, having loved their games as a child. Joven also loved Square and its RPGs, but is not a big fan of Square Enix's RPGs. However, Joven admits that Square Enix does make goods games from time to time, namely Hitman: Absolution and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
- Anthony agrees with Joven's opinion of Rare and Ian has a high opinion of Rockstar Games.
- From Twitter:
- Shawn Richards (@Big_Hammer_) - "Any indie developer, frankly. Bringing new ideas without big budgets is inspiring and enjoyed by almost any gamer out there." The group agrees with this. Lasercorn mentions Minecraft as an example of what an indie game can accomplish.
- Vicktomon Horde (@VicktomonHorde) - "Activision or Bioware" The group agrees with this and talk about games by them, namely Mass Effect.
- This is the first time in which Ian and Anthony did not record their segment in the Smosh Games studio, instead filming their segment in what appears to be the room that Lunchtime with Smosh Games was recorded in.
- When indie games were brought up, Jovenshire promoted Mari's show Super Mari Fun Time, in which she plays indie games on Xbox Live.