Twitter (https://twitter.com/) is a news and social networking website based in San Francisco, California, on which users post and interact with short messages called "tweets". Tweets can be up to 280 characters (originally 140 until 2017). It is a popular social networking website for content creators, including people affiliated with Smosh.
The website was created on March 21, 2006, by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams and launched in July of that year. The service rapidly gained worldwide popularity. In 2012, more than 100 million users posted 340 million tweets a day, and the service handled a daily average of 1.6 billion search queries. As of 2016, Twitter had more than 319 million monthly active users. Since 2015, Twitter has also been the home of debates and news covering American politics, especially during events such as the 2016 presidential election.
Smosh on Twitter
- In IF THE INTERNET WAS REAL, Twitter is the second website depicted realistically. Ian sticks his head out of the bathroom door and yells "I just took a sh*t!".
- Lunchtime with Smosh and Squad Vlogs incorporate fan interaction on Twitter in each episode, mainly through answering fan questions and looking at fan art.
- The Lunchtime with Smosh episode SHOCKING LIAR CHALLENGE and the Squad Vlogs episodes TWITTER SHOCK CHALLENGE and TWITTER SHOCK CHALLENGE 2 consist of the cast playing a lying shock game while answering Twitter questions.
- The Twitter questions Lunchtime with Smosh episode EPIC TWITTER BATTLE involve Ian and Anthony jokingly reading insulting tweets between each other.
- In WE ROAST FANS ON TWITTER!, there is a segment titled "#SmoshRoastsMe", in which they roast fans who requested it.
- A few Game Bang punishments have involved the winner going on the loser's Twitter and doing something embarrassing with the account.