Try Not To Laugh Live! is an upcoming tour that will be hosted by Smosh and was organized by United Talent Agency. Ian, Courtney, Shayne, and Damien across the western United States throughout February 2020. It was announced as the reward to Smosh fans for completing their challenge to get the main channel to 25 million subscribers by the end of October 2019.
Based on their successful Smosh Pit series Try Not To Laugh Challenge, each show will also include Shayne and Damien rating local food, Courtney making fun of Shayne's dating history, the debut of a new song, and the Try Not To Laugh finale with guests pulled from the audience.
Each show will run for an hour and a half. Tickets will be priced between $35 and $55, depending on the venue. There also will be a VIP package for the price of a ticket plus $100, which includes a meet-and-greet with the cast and other benefactions. Each venue has a mid-range total of 500-800 seats available, as Smosh wanted to "keep it reasonable for [their] first outing".
Smosh has long wanted to do a live tour. Unfortunately, this was "not a priority" for Smosh's previous owner Defy Media. Currently, under the ownership of Mythical Entertainment, Smosh has a lot more creative control.
In Eat It or Yeet It 6 w/ Jarvis Johnson (released on October 15, 2019), Smosh teased an upcoming "secret project" that will only be announced if they can reach 25 million subscribers on the main channel. As Smosh was only 200,000 subscribers away, Shayne jokingly promised to do 200,000 pushups, which he claimed he could accomplish before they reach their subscriber milestone.
Over the course of the next week and a half, Smosh pushed #sub25mosh to promote the challenge. It was featured at the start and end of videos across Smosh, Smosh Pit, and Smosh Games and often was often mentioned on social media. The campaign was successful; on October 23, Smosh reached 25 million subscribers.
The "secret project" that was teased earlier was officially revealed five days after reaching their goal in If Movies Were Real 6. At the start of the video, Shayne, Ian, Courtney, and Damien explain that, for the first time ever, Smosh will be going on tour and list the venues that they have booked; however, if ticket sales are successful, more cities can be added to the list.
Ticket will go on sale on November 1 at 10 a.m. PST on Smosh.com. Fans who are subscribed to their newsletter or if they have their official phone number saved as a contact, they will have access to get a code for early access tickets, which went on sale from October 30 at 10 a.m. PST to October 31 at 10 p.m. PST.
There is also a limited number of VIP Meet & Greet packages, which include the following:
- One premium reserved seat located in the first 10 rows
- An exclusive meet & greet with Ian, Courtney, Damien, and Shayne
- A personal photograph with Ian, Courtney, Damien, and Shayne
- A chance to be picked to participate in an onstage Try Not To Laugh round (5 winners)
- A limited-print autographed tour poster
- A specially designed tote bag
- An official VIP laminate
- First access to merchandise shopping
- Priority entry into the venue
|1||February 3, 2019||Seattle, Washington||Neptune Theatre||8:00 p.m.|
|2||February 4, 2019||Portland, Oregon||Revolution Hall||Eventbrite|
|3||February 5, 2019||Sacramento, California||Crest Theatre||Eventbrite|
|4||February 7, 2019||San Diego, California||House of Blues||Live Nation|
|5||February 9, 2019||Phoenix, Arizona||Stand Up Live||Stand Up Live Pheonix|
- According to the description for the Portland venue, the tour is a celebration for Smosh's 15th anniversary.
- For unknown reasons, the Portland and Sacramento venues are rated "All Ages", while the Phoenix venue has a rating on the StandUpLive.com website that warns that audience members "must be 13 years or older to attend".
- ↑ Smosh: Try Not To Laugh Live Tickets, Tue, Feb 4 2020 at 8:00 PM on Eventbrite
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "YouTube Comedy Group Smosh Sets First Live Tour (EXCLUSIVE)" on Variety. Published October 28, 2019.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Smosh Will Take 'Try Not To Laugh' YouTube Series Live With First-Ever Tour" on Tubefilter. Published October 28, 2019.
- ↑ If Movies Were Real 6 at 0:36
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 Try Not To Laugh Live! on Smosh.com