- Courtney: "I — I've spent some time on TikTok."
- Shayne: "I, too, have been on the Internet."
- — Courtney & Shayne[src]
TikTok (https://www.tiktok.com/) is a video-sharing social networking service owned by ByteDance Ltd., a Beijing-based company founded in 2012 by Chinese Internet entrepreneur Zhang Yiming. The company had previously launched Douyin, which is similar to TikTik but runs on a separate server to comply with Chinese censorship laws, for the China market in 2016. The app, launched in September 2017, allows users to create short music and lip-sync videos of 3 to 15 seconds and short looping videos of 3 to 60 seconds. Two months after the app's launch, ByteDance acquired Musical.ly and merged the two apps together.
Smosh on TikTok
List of videos sponsored by TikTok
|WE REACT TO TIK TOKS!||May 30, 2019|
- TikTok has been the subject of three main channel videos:
- "WHY ARE PEOPLE ADDICTED TO TIK TOK" is an episode of My Strange Addiction and takes a satirical look at Keith Leak Jr.'s addiction to TikTok and the effects it is having on his friends and coworkers at Smosh.
- "The Truth About Tik Tok Eboys" is an episode of Totally True Documentary is a satirical documentary of Dameron Paits, an "e-boy" on TikTok who goes by the name "DamDameron" and struggles in life offline.
- "Every TikTok Ever" is an episode of Every Blank Ever.
- In "WE REACT TO TIK TOKS!", Ian, Shayne, Courtney, and Damien watch and give their reactions to a series of videos on TikTok.
- In "Recreating TikTok Hacks BUT BETTER", Shayne and Damien try to recreate and improve upon "hacks" they find performed on TikTok.