In November 2018, it was confirmed that Sarah had temporarily left Smosh to move on to other projects, though she was still appearing in videos for the brand. In February 2019, she revealed on Instagram that she had returned to Smosh, and has continued to work as a producer and social media manager from then onwards. Since her return, she has made more frequent video appearances, including participation in Gaming With A Twist and a few appearances on SmoshCast, as well as serving as a referee for Smosh Summer Games: Apocalypse. She is currently the host of the Smosh Pit miniseries Spelling Bee-Kini Wax and a co-host with Matt Raub on the Smosh Games series Matt & Sarah Are Best Frenemies!.
Sarah was born in Cheyenne, Wyoming to a Korean mother and a father who was in the United States Air Force and moved around numerous times in her childhood. By age 7, she had already lived in Wyoming, South Korea, North Dakota and Germany. From age 6-12, she attended Bitburg Middle School in Germany,, where she hosted her own show on the school's channel. In 2001 she moved back to Wyoming, where she attended Cheyenne East High School and Laramie County Community College, where she was president of the theater club and the Speech and Debate team. She graduated in 2009, earning an associate’s degree in speech communication. She also attended Hofstra University in New York, where she graduated with a bachelor's degree in TV production in 2011.
Sarah found jobs at NYC Media and Hillside Media before moving to Phoenix, Arizona, where she worked as a "national segment producer" and reporter for a new series broadcasted by the E. W. Scripps Company, The List, and wrote, edited, and produced over 400 segments about "today's news, viral videos and everything trending." She eventually moved to Los Angeles, finding work at Game Show Network, OK! TV, Clevver, and Smosh, where she remains working to this day.
- Sarah has three cats named Tartufo, TJ, and Puppy.
- Sarah's mother is Korean, something which viewers and multiple Smosh members claimed to find surprising when judging her resemblance to Sarah.
- Sarah and Matt have a running joke about who is "the best ref" and in 2018, it was taken to the court where Matt came out victorious. Since then, the two still joke that they "hate each other" and promote their series on Smosh Games. The show's premise is that they work to improve their friendship by playing games where there is a punishment for them if the other player dies.
- On her bio on her now-defunct personal website, Sarah included several "fun facts" about herself:
- She loves any sort of food, but "can't stand" mustard.
- She will do anything to make people laugh and is obsessed with neon colors, soft things, baby animals, and shirts with animal decal.
- She once saw Bon Jovi in a restaurant, who she claims gave her a stink-eye.
- Sarah once performed stand-up comedy at the Gotham Theater in New York City.
- Sarah competed in Miss Arizona USA 2014 as "Miss Valley of the Sun".
- Sarah speaks four languages; Spanish, Korean, German, and "Koreanglish"
- She is lactose intolerant.
- Both she and her husband don't like garlic.
- ↑ Sarah's Whittle's bio on her website via Wayback Machine
- ↑ Do you REALLY know me? on YouTube
- ↑ Sarah E Whittle on Facebook: I grew up at Bitburg for 6 years (6 yrs old to 12 yrs old). It will forever be my home and I dream of visiting there again! <3
- ↑ Poetry Out Loud Names Champ, Wyoming Arts Council
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Sarah Whittle on LinkedIn
- ↑ Laramie County Community College on YouTube: Image Campaign - Sarah Whittle
- ↑ "Graduate focuses on goal of becoming an actress" Wyoming Tribune Eagle. May 19, 2009. Retrieved via Wayback Machine.
- ↑ Sarah Whittle on Instagram: "Happy Birthday Tartufo!!! From 2.5 months to 1 year! You are a dumb little scaredy cat sometimes but most of the time you are a hilarious, sweet purring machine! I fell in love with you and your brother, Kimchi instantly last summer and you made our house a home! Kimchi, Claudio and I are very proud of you! ❤️🎉🎁 (Also, today was my Korean grandma’s birthday! I miss her every day!) #rescue #catsofinstagram #kitten"
- ↑ Smosh Pit on YouTube: EAT IT OR YEET IT, Smosh Pit,a YouTube
- ↑ Smosh Pit on YouTube: EAT IT OR YEET IT #2
- ↑ Sarah Whittle on Instagram: Lactose Intolerant squad - where you at? 🍝 @lactaid I’m still waiting for the call.
- ↑ Smosh Pit on Youtube:Eat It Or Yeet It #7 - The Thanksgiving Special