Rhett James McLaughlin (born October 11, 1977) and Charles Lincoln "Link" Neal III (born June 1, 1978) better known by their YouTube channel name Rhett and Link are two YouTubers that host Good Mythical Morning, a talk-show posted on weekdays at 6:00 am EST on their YouTube channel.
They both grew up in North Carolina, where they met in first grade and were friends ever since, attending high school and rooming in college together. They started their first channel in 2006, less than a year after Smosh's was created. They now have over 12 million subscribers on YouTube.
Mythical Entertainment's Acquisition of Smosh
In early 2019, Rhett and Link's company, Mythical Entertainment made the decision to bail Smosh out of debt, and acquire them as an asset of the company. It was officially announced in the video "The rumors are true...", that Mythical had bought Smosh, and that Smosh would be returning in full.
Work with Smosh
- Smosh made guest appearances on Good Mythical Morning episode "Duo-O or Don't-O (ft. Smosh)" and Mythical Show episode "The Mythical Show Ep 4 (SMOSH & Star Trek)"
- Rhett and Link team up with Ian and Anthony in the Epic Rap Battles of History episode Artists vs TMNT as the four famous Italian Renaissance artists.
- They appear in the Smosh 10th Anniversary Week video Every Smosh Video Ever parodying Ian and Anthony doing expired International food taste tests.
- They appear in the Put It in My Mouth episode Thanksgiving in a Can w/ Rhett & Link!.
- They appear in the Smosh episode THE VLOG VIRUS (w/ Ryan Higa and Rhett & Link) alongside YouTuber Ryan Higa.
- Following Smosh's return, thanks to Mythical Entertainment, Rhett & Link have appeared as guests in Rhett & Link, Saviors of SMOSH!, TRY NOT TO LAUGH CHALLENGE 22 w/ RHETT & LINK and ONE LETTER OFF YOUTUBERS.