Netflix, Inc. is an American media-services provider and production company based in Los Gatos, California. Founded on August 29, 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph, the company's primary business is its subscription-based streaming service which offers online streaming of a library of films and television programs. The company's original business model included DVD sales and mail rental, but that was abandoned about a year after the company's founding to focus on the initial DVD rental business, and Netflix later expanded its business in 2010 with the introduction of streaming media while retaining the DVD and Blu-ray rental business.
Smosh: The Movie description
- On Smosh Seasonal Games and Smosh's Seriously Super Stupid Sleepover, each seasonal games the Smosh Family plays a different theme of a custom game they call "Netflix And Chill", in which a player is given a vague description of a film or series available on Netflix, and the player must guess the prompt or suffer a downpour of ice cubes down their shirt.
- "LEAKED Legend of Zelda NETFLIX TRAILER" is a satirical trailer based on rumors that Netflix was producing a series based on The Legend of Zelda.
- In "NETFLIX RAP", Ian and Anthony play two specters of "Netflix Conscience", in which Ian would argue to a Netflix user why they should continue watching Netflix and Anthony arguing reason otherwise. The song itself serves to poke fun at Neflix's abundance of content, claiming that there is simply too much for a single user to consume.
- "EVERY NETFLIX ORIGINAL EVER" parodies Netflix Originals, such as watching Christmas specials in July or scrolling for hours before inevitably deciding on Friends again.
- "Netflix Will Stream ‘Smosh: The Movie’ Starting September 22" by Bree Brouwer on Tubefilter. Published August 25, 2015.