- "I mean, I don't want to say that my whole life of being a loser has been training for this game, but it has."
MARIO MUD TACKLING is an episode of Game Bang. This episode, the crew competes in several games of the minigame "Mario Chase" in the 2012 party game Nintendo Land. It was released on December 28, 2012.
Nintendo Land on the Wii U is sooooo much fun.
Mario Chase is a great party game!
In Mario Chase, up to four players track and chase down the player using the GamePad. The Miis for each of the players is provided with different outfits.
- Player 1 is Blue Toad
- Player 2 is Purple Toad
- Player 3 is Green Toad
- Player 4 is Yellow Toad
- The player wielding the GamePad has a Mii dressed like Mario.
Ian, Anthony, Mari, Jovenshire, Lasercorn, and Sohinki play through two rounds of Mario Chase, with six individual games per round. At the end, everyone's respective times will be added up, and the people with the lowest two scores will suffer the punishment.
Round 1: Chase Arena
|Game 1||Mari, Anthony, Jovenshire, and Lasercorn||Ian||0:34|
|Ian runs himself trapped and is caught by Anthony.|
|Game 2||Ian, Mari, Lasercorn, and Anthony||Sohinki||2:30|
|Despite the frantic efforts of the Toads, Sohinki manages to evade them.|
|Game 3||Sohinki, Ian, Anthony, and Mari||Jovenshire||0:20|
|Jovenshire leads a brief chase before being caught by Mari.|
|Game 4||Jovenshire, Sohinki, Mari, and Ian||Lasercorn||2:30|
|Lasercorn leads the Toads on a chase with several tricky close calls.|
|Game 5||Lasercorn, Jovenshire, Ian, and Sohinki||Anthony||2:30|
|Anthony had two close calls but managed to outrun the Toads.|
|Game 6||Anthony, Lasercorn, Sohinki, and Jovenshire||Mari||0:44|
|Mari went for the Super Star in the center but gets caught by Sohinki.|
Round 2: Mud River Run
|Game 1||Mari, Anthony, Jovenshire, and Lasercorn||Ian||1:33|
|Ian leads a better chase but gets caught in the mud by Lasercorn.|
|Game 2||Ian, Mari, Lasercorn, and Anthony||Sohinki||1:03|
|Sohinki gets tackled by Lasercorn after a more coordinated effort by the Toads.|
|Game 3||Sohinki, Ian, Anthony, and Mari||Jovenshire||0:55|
|Jovenshire leads a chase until he gets tackled by Sohinki as he runs for the star.|
|Game 4||Jovenshire, Sohinki, Mari and Ian||Lasercorn||2:26|
|Lasercorn nearly wins after being chased by Toads but gets tackled by Sohinki.|
|Game 5||Lasercorn, Jovenshire, Ian, and Sohinki||Anthony||0:10|
|Anthony used his head start to loop around everyone and was caught very quickly by Ian.|
|Game 6||Anthony, Lasercorn, Sohinki, and Jovenshire||Mari||0:40|
|The guys give chase and Mari was tackled by Sohinki.|
- Lasercorn (4:56)
- Sohinki (3:33)
- Anthony (2:40)
- Ian (2:07)
- Mari (1:24)
- Jovenshire (1:15)
Mari will be playing Mario. To do this, Lasercorn, the winner, uses makeup to doodle a mustache on her face. Jovenshire will be playing Peach by dressing up in the Dress of Shame. Everyone else gives the losers a scenario to act out as their respective characters:
- Ian: "You guys are in a car, getting away from a bank robbery you just pulled."
- Sohinki: "You've just had an awkward moment in bed because Mario had erectile dysfunction."
- Anthony: "Mario just got home drunk and Peach found out that he was at a strip club all night."
|Achievement||Won by||Time||Won for|
|Get Caught Almost Immediately||Anthony||10:25|
Slow Motion Cams
|SOHINKI'S EPIC MISS CAM||5:08||Sohinki barely misses a catch on Anthony|
|MARIO'S EPIC AVOISION* CAM|
*IT'S A REAL WORD — LOOK IT UP!
|5:26||Lasercorn barely fails to tackle Anthony.|
|JOVEN'S EPIC FAIL CAM||7:02||Jovenshire tackles Lasercorn, whom he mistakes for Mario.|
|COLLISION CAM||9:37||Sohinki accidentally tackles Mari.|
- Lasercorn was correction in his prediction that Jovenshire was going to be Peach.
- It would also seem from his initial quote ("Come on, Joven as Peach!") and Anthony's response ("We'll try to humiliate him") that the rest of the players had planned all along to team up against him and make him lose.
- Ian said Mari was "destined for the role" of Mario because of the similarity between their names ("Mari-o", as he put it).
- Ian is wearing a girls' t-shirt that looks like a Waldo shirt, which is why he is Mario first.
- Ian says "tee-hee," which is Ryan Higa's catchphrase.
|Previous Video |
MARIO TENNIS THROWBACK
|MARIO MUD TACKLING (Game Bang)||Next Video |
BUSTIN MAKES ME FEEL GOOD