Kinect Adventures! is a game played on Game Bang.
Kinect Adventures! is a 2010 sports game developed by Good Science Studio and published by Microsoft Game Studios for the Xbox 360. It is a collection of five adventure and sports minigames that utilizes the Kinect motion camera and was offered as a pack-in game with the console.
The game uses full-body motion to allow the player to engage in minigames, all of which feature jump-in, jump-out multiplayer play. Each minigame lasts about three minutes. The object of the minigames is to get the highest number of adventure pins, collected in different ways. Adventure pins earn the players bronze, silver, gold, and platinum medals which, in story mode, affect progression. As a pack-in game, Kinect Adventures! also contains features which aid users in proper set-up and use of the Kinect sensor.
The following is a list of minigames:
- 20,000 Leaks: The player is in a glass cube underwater and must position their limbs and head to plug cracks as crabs, fish, and bosses such as sharks and swordfish make cracks and holes in the cube. Each game consists of three waves that end when time expires or when all leaks are plugged.
- River Rush: One or two players stand in a raft and work together to pick up the adventure pins scattered throughout the winding rapids. The raft is controlled by stepping left or right to steer, and by jumping to jump the raft. There are many secret places accessible by taking ramps. Crashing into barrels, wood, markers, or rapid markers cause the player to lose points.
- Rally Ball: The player uses their limbs and head to hit balls at blocks and targets at the end of a virtual hallway. When certain targets are hit, the ball splits into multiple balls which can be handled simultaneously. Each game consists of three rounds, which end when time expires or when all blocks and targets are destroyed.
- Reflex Ridge: A track-and-field inspired game, but played on a moving platform in a roller coaster-like environment. One or two players race on a platform, jump over hurdles, lean away from obstacles, and limbo to avoid hitting their heads on low beams. Jumping in place makes the platform move faster along its rail.
- Space Pop: Transparent balls (soap bubbles) shuttle between holes on the walls, floors, and ceilings of a virtual zero-gravity room. The player attempts to pop the bubbles by touching them to earn Adventure pins. Space Pop utilizes depth, requiring the player to move toward and away from the sensor. To move upwards, the player can flap his or her arms, and to stay at current height, hold arms out to the sides.
|TEAM IANCORN ON AN ADVENTURE|