Kalel Smith (born March 30, 1989), born Kristen Smith and formerly known as Kalel Cullen, is a American YouTuber and PETA activist, and the former fiancée of founding Smosh member Anthony Padilla. They became engaged on June 29, 2013, but released a video on December 4, 2014, stating that they had broken up but remained friends.
In Anthony's second Draw My Life video, he revealed that his relationship with Kalel had been manipulative and had since felt that she mostly "used" him throughout their time together.
Kalel met Anthony in 2010 at a party. After a month of being friends, they started dating on October 10, 2010. They lived together in Los Angeles, California with their cats, Kabuki, Pip, and Mogwai, from 2013 until the end of their relationship. She and Anthony dated from October 10, 2010 to November 2014 (as stated in their official break-up video).
Before she dated Anthony, Kalel had two YouTube channels, KalelCullenTV and QueenBeeuty. She posted mostly vlogs, advice, and opinions on KalelCullenTV and beauty videos on QueenBeeuty.
In her last QueenBeeuty video, she announced she would no longer make beauty videos but would post a video once or twice a month on her new channel Cozplai, where she would be creating tutorials showing how to make cosplay costumes for her favorite characters. Cozplai did not achieve more than 100,000 subscribers during its running period.
After a few months of Cozplai, Kalel felt that the channel was too much work and did not like the idea of putting on makeup on camera, and decided to start a new channel called WonderlandWardrobe in between September and October 2012, consisting of DIY, vlogs, and fashion videos. By June 2013, the channel reached 400,000 subscribers. However, sometime after, Kalel decided she wanted to pursue her dream of becoming a fashion designer, and therefore would not have time to post videos to her channel.
She later revealed that she would be starting a new channel called WatchUsLiveAndStuff with Anthony, consisting of vlogs, tags, and challenges posted almost daily. After only one and a half months of starting, with 45 videos, the channel had already reached 500,000 subscribers.
After their breakup she took over WatchUsLiveAndStuff, removing all videos from the channel and rebranding it as her current personal channel. The name was changed to Kalel Kitten, and then to simply Kalel while still using the original URL.
Whilst on vacation in Japan with Anthony, he proposed to Kalel after nearly three years of dating. He recorded it as a vlog which he later uploaded, titling it "A Romantic Day in Japan".
On December 4, 2014, Kalel and Anthony publicly announced that they had broken up. In 2018, Kalel was living with her then-boyfriend Cyrus, along with Kabuki and Mogwai (now renamed Chibi). At that time, the two were house hunting. The two broke up for good that year and Cyrus kept Chibi. Kalel later bought another Savannah cat, whom she named Rini-Chan.
- While, they were a couple, Kalel and Anthony were good friends with Felix Kjellberg (PewDiePie) and his girlfriend Marzia.
- Kalel has had six YouTube channels.
- She changed her name to Kalel Cullen because she felt her birth name, Kristen Smith, didn't fit her. As of 2018, her name is officially Kalel Smith, using her real last name, though she is still more well-known as "Kalel" or "Kalel Cullen".
- Despite officially using a different name, a camera shot of her iPod from a vlog showed that her birth name is associated with her Apple account. Her DNA results from 2018 also show her birth name.
- She was once good friends with Melanie Moat, Ian's ex-girlfriend; however, she later revealed on Twitter that they were no longer close. As of 2019, she still follows her and likes her photos.
- She has stated that her best friend is her cat Kabuki and that Anthony was also her best friend before their break-up.
- Kalel's chosen first name is taken from Superman's real name, "Kal-El", and she is known to be a big Superman fan. Her former chosen surname is taken from the Cullen family from Twilight.
- On her engagement ring from Anthony, the Roman numeral X (10) was engraved to symbolize that they had started dating on October 10, 2010.
- Kalel and Anthony originally planned to get married on October 10, 2015, which would have marked their fifth anniversary.
- Kalel once said that she did not like to be on vacation for more than five days as she does not like leaving Kabuki, although this did appear to have changed when she and Anthony traveled on a 10-day vacation across Western Europe in July/August 2014.
- She loves Pokémon, a trait she had in common with Anthony. At one point, she had a Nintendo 3DS in the style of a Pikachu.
- She and Anthony had been wanting to go to Japan together since they first started dating.
- In August 2013 Kalel and Anthony got a new cat, Pip, who is the same breed as Kabuki (a Savannah cat). Following their breakup, after a short time of residing with Anthony, Pip now resides with an old friend of his.
- Kalel frequently ate plant-based food from 2013 to 2018, and was a staunch supporter of animal rights causes and organizations (e.g. PETA), to the point where she sold all her real fur and leather clothing in late 2014.
- Anthony adopted a vegan lifestyle while dating Kalel to support her, and is a full vegan to this day.
- In 2013, she had started a new blog named Frilly and Fancy. Since July 2014, the account had been inactive, and had been deleted as of December 2015.
- Kalel has appeared on two Smosh Games videos ("Minecraft Hunger Games" and "Minecraft Revisited", both part of I Have a Raging Bonus).
- She and Anthony have made appearances together in the Fine Brothers series YouTubers React.
- She voiced herself in the Smosh Babies episode "Lost in the Toy Aisle".
- Kalel stated on Twitter that she was no longer going to post vlogs, because she wants to keep her private life away from the cameras. In the latter half of 2015, she began posting vlogs again, and as of 2019, she posts vlogs rather sporadically.
- In 2016, she entered into her second relationship since her breakup with Anthony. As of December 2019, she has been single for over a year.
- WonderlandWardrobe website/blog (Wayback Machine)
- KalelCullenTV (Wayback Machine)
- QueenBeeuty (Wayback Machine)
- Kalel & Kabuki (Wayback Machine)
- Cozplai (Wayback Machine)
- WonderlandWardrobe Youtube (Wayback Machine)
- Frilly and Fancy blog (inactive since July, 2014)
- Frilly and Fancy YouTube (Wayback Machine)