In Anthony's second Draw My Life video, he revealed that his relationship with Kalel had been manipulative, and he now feels that she mostly used him throughout their time together. He was so bound to Kalel that he would ask her approval for pretty much every aspect of his life, and he claimed that she all but destroyed his self confidence. Kalel's manipulative attitude is the original reason that Anthony became a vegan, and did so many other things that she liked. (See: Anthony Padilla and Kalel Smith Controversy)
Kalel met Anthony in 2010 at a party. After a month of being friends, they started dating on October 10, 2010. They lived together in Los Angeles, California with their cats, Kabuki, Pip and Mogwai, from 2013 until the end of their relationship. She and Anthony dated from October 10, 2010 to November 2014 (as stated in their official break-up video).
Before she dated Anthony, Kalel had two YouTube channels, KalelCullenTV and QueenBeeuty. She posted mostly vlogs, advice, and opinions on KalelCullenTV and beauty videos on QueenBeeuty.
In her last QueenBeeuty video, she announced she would no longer make beauty videos but would post a video once or twice a month on her new channel Cozplai, where she would becreating tutorials showing how to make cosplay costumes for her favorite characters. Cozplai did not achieve more than 100,000 subscribers during its running period.
After a few months of Cozplai, Kalel felt that the channel was too much work and did not like the idea of putting on makeup on camera, and decided to start a new channel called WonderlandWardrobe in between September and October 2012, consisting of DIY, vlogs and fashion videos. By June 2013, the channel reached 400,000 subscribers. However, sometime after, Kalel decided she wanted to pursue her dream of becoming a fashion designer, and therefore wouldn't have time to post videos to her channel.
Then, she revealed that she would be starting a new channel called WatchUsLiveAndStuff with Anthony, which consisted of vlogs, tags and challenges posted almost daily. After only one and a half months of starting, with 45 videos, the channel had already reached 500,000 subscribers.
After their break up she took over WatchUsLiveAndStuff, removing all videos from the channel and rebranding it as her current personal channel. The name was changed to Kalel Kitten, and then to simply Kalel while still using the original URL.
Whilst on vacation in Japan with Anthony, he proposed to Kalel after nearly three years of dating. He recorded it as a vlog, which he later uploaded ("A Romatic Day in Japan").
On December 4, 2014, Kalel and Anthony publicly announced that they had broken up. In 2018, Kalel was living with her new boyfriend Cyrus, along with Kabuki and Mogwai (now renamed Chibi). At that time, the two were house hunting. The two broke up for good that year and Cyrus kept Chibi. Kalel later bought another Savannah cat, whom she named Rini-Chan.
Fans' Views on Kalel
Over the course of her YouTube career, Kalel has become a widely disliked individual, even though her channel has nearly two million subscribers. Shortly after her break up with Anthony, she began to receive less views. In October 2016, she lost almost 20,000 subscribers as a result of drama between her and Anthony, something which caused many more people to dislike her. However, as of December 2019, she still retains a staunchly supportive following, along with her detractors.
- While, they were a couple, Kalel and Anthony were good friends with Felix Kjellberg (PewDiePie) and his girlfriend Marzia Bisognin (CutiePieMarzia). The state of the friendship when it comes to Kalel and Felix/Marzia is unknown as of 2015, although Marzia has claimed she did not talk to Kalel when she was in California in 2015 because Kalel was out of town. Both follow each other on Twitter, though Marzia does not follow Kalel on Instagram.
- Kalel has had six YouTube channels.
- Kalel was good at math in her freshmen and sophomore years of high school, but not so much in her junior and senior years. However, when she briefly went back to school, she scored a 100 on her math aptitude test.
- Kalel was born in Missouri. It is unknown when she moved to California.
- On her QueenBeeuty channel, Kalel lied on camera about her being in her third year of college when she was only in her first semester. She said she lied about this because she wanted to be a role model for her viewers. This transgression has not been forgotten and has been brought up many times by others during her YouTube career.
- She changed her name to Kalel Cullen because she felt her birth name, Kristen Smith, didn't fit her. As of 2018 her name is officially Kalel Smith, using her real last name, though she is still more well-known as "Kalel" or "Kalel Cullen".
- Despite officially using a different name, a camera shot of her iPod from a vlog showed that her birth name is associated with her Apple account. Her DNA results from 2018 also show her birth name.
- She was once good friends with Melanie Moat, Ian's ex-girlfriend; however, she later revealed on Twitter that they were no longer close. As of 2019, she still follows her and likes her photos.
- A former roommate of hers is Joey Graceffa, whose Christmas parties she annually attends. She also previously used to live, and is still good friends, with Andrea from AndreasChoice.
- She has stated that her best friend is her cat Kabuki, and that Anthony was also her best friend before their break-up.
- She is a fan of American Horror Story.
- In a deleted video blog on her channel, she admitted she is a fan of rap music.
- Though the statement is considered to be a joke, Kalel once admitted that she masturbates daily when she is single.
- Kalel's chosen first name is taken from Superman's real name, "Kal'El", and she is known to be a big Superman fan. Her former chosen surname is taken from the Cullen family in the popular series Twilight.
- She mainly uses Apple products.
- Her style/fashion sense has changed continuously over the years. During her time on QueenBeeuty, she constantly dyed her hair different colors.
- On her engagement ring from Anthony, the Roman numeral X (10) was engraved to symbolize that they had began dating on October 10, 2010.
- Kalel and Anthony originally planned to get married on October 10, 2015, which would have marked their 5th anniversary.
- Kalel cannot bear to be on vacation for more than five days as she does not like leaving Kabuki, although this did appear to have changed when she and Anthony traveled on a 10-day vacation across Western Europe in July/August 2014.
- She once said she is a big fan of Animal Crossing.
- She loves Pokémon, a trait she had in common with Anthony. At one point, she had a Nintendo 3DS in the style of a Pikachu.
- From 2013, her style was very girly and cute, described as "kawaii".
- She and Anthony had been wanting to go to Japan together since they first started dating.
- In August 2013 Kalel and Anthony got a new cat, Pip, who is the same breed as Kabuki (a Savannah cat). Following their breakup, after a short time of residing with Anthony, Pip now resides with an old friend of his.
- Kalel frequently ate plant-based food from 2013 to 2018, and was a staunch supporter of animal rights causes and organizations (e.g. PETA), to the point where she sold all her real fur and leather clothing in late 2014.
- Anthony adopted a vegan lifestyle while dating Kalel to support her, and is a full vegan to this day.
- As a child, she collected American Girl dolls.
- In 2013, she had started a new blog named Frilly and Fancy. Since July 2014, the account had been inactive, and had been deleted as of December 2015.
- Kalel has appeared on two Smosh Games videos (Minecraft Hunger Games and Minecraft Revisited, both part of I Have a Raging Bonus).
- She and Anthony have made appearances together in the Fine Brothers series YouTubers React.
- She voiced herself in the Smosh Babies episode Lost in the Toy Aisle.
- Kalel stated on Twitter that she was no longer going to post vlogs, because she wants to keep her private life away from the cameras.  In the latter half of 2015, she began posting vlogs again, documenting a very different life from the one shown in her videos with Anthony. As of 2019, she posts vlogs very sporadically.
- Kalel had plans to have a rhinoplasty in February 2016, though she later put it on hold. As of 2019, she has had more than two rhinoplasties.
- Kalel went to South Africa in January 2016, and went to Morocco in May of that same year.
- She went on Accutane in 2015, which caused terrible effects, one of the worst being suicidal thoughts.
- She got her first job at 15, working at an ice cream shop. She later had a college job working as a Hooter’s Girl.
- When she was little, she had a crush on Alvin from Alvin and the Chipmunks.
- She has had braces twice.
- In 2016, she entered into her second relationship since her breakup with Anthony. As of December 2019, she has been single for over a year.
- She occasionally liked to post selfies on Snapchat, using filters and graphics.
- WonderlandWardrobe website/blog (Wayback Machine)
- KalelCullenTV (Wayback Machine)
- QueenBeeuty (Wayback Machine)
- Kalel & Kabuki (Wayback Machine)
- Cozplai (Wayback Machine)
- WonderlandWardrobe Youtube (Wayback Machine)
- Frilly and Fancy blog (inactive since July, 2014)
- Frilly and Fancy YouTube (Wayback Machine)