Halo is a military science fiction first-person shooter game franchise originally developed by Bungie Studios and currently developed and managed by 343 Industries, a subsidiary of its publisher Xbox Game Studios. The series centers on an interstellar war between humanity and The Covenant, an alliance of aliens led by their religious leaders the Prophets that worship an ancient civilization known as the Forerunners, who perished while defeating the parasitic Flood. The central character is Master Chief John-117, one of a group of supersoldiers codenamed Spartans, and his AI companion Cortana.
The games in the series are critically well-received, and strong sales have led to expansion of the franchise into other media.
- Halo 3 is a 2007 first-person shooter developed by Bungie for the Xbox 360. The story centers on the interstellar war between 26th-century humanity and the Covenant. The player once again Master Chief as he battles the Covenant. The game features vehicles, weapons, and gameplay elements not present in previous titles of the series, as well as the addition of saved gameplay films, file sharing, and the Forge map editor.
- Halo: Reach is a 2010 first-person shooter game developed by Bungie and published by Microsoft Game Studios for the Xbox 360. Set in the year 2552, when humanity is locked in a war with the Covenant, players control Noble Six, a member of an elite supersoldier squad, when the human world known as Reach falls under Covenant attack.
- Halo 4 is a 2012 first-person shooter developed by 343 Industries and published by Microsoft Studios for the Xbox 360. The story follows Master Chief and Cortana as they encounter unknown threats while exploring an ancient civilization's planet. They battle remnants of what was the Covenant and mechanical warriors of the Forerunner empire known as the Prometheans. The game features a selection of weapons, enemies, and game modes not present in previous titles of the series.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection is a compilation of first-person shooter games in the Halo series, released in 2014 for the Xbox One. The collection consists of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, and Halo 4. Each game in the release received a graphical upgrade and includes access to the live-action series Halo: Nightfall as well as the limited-time Halo 5: Guardians beta.
- Halo 5: Guardians is a 2015 first-person shooter game developed by 343 Industries and published by Microsoft Studios for the Xbox One. The story follows two fireteams of human supersoldiers: Blue Team, led by Master Chief, and Fireteam Osiris, led by Spartan Locke. When the former goes AWOL to track down the AI construct Cortana, Master Chief's loyalty is called into question, and Fireteam Osiris is sent to retrieve him.
The following are videos about the franchise as a whole, as opposed to specific games.
|BEST VIDEO GAME WEAPONS|
|HALO RIFLE VS LIGHTSABER|