Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/) is an American online social media and social networking website based in Menlo Park, California. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes. Since 2006, anyone who claims to be at least 13 years old has been allowed to become a registered user of Facebook and create a customized personal profile, where they can post text, photos, and multimedia to share with any other users that have agreed to be their "friend". Users can also use various embedded apps, join common-interest groups, and receive notifications of friends' activities.
As of December 2018, Facebook has more than 2.3 billion monthly active users. The company also offers other products and services, including its acquired services Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, and GrokStyle and independently developed Facebook Messenger, Facebook Watch, and Facebook Portal.
Smosh on Facebook
- Facebook has been the subject of a few main channel videos:
- In a deleted scene of IF THE INTERNET WAS REAL, Facebook is satirized by Anthony loudly screaming in Ian's face that he is in a relationship, referencing obnoxious notifications friends receive when a user changes their relationship status.
- ATTENTION: Facebook Users serves as a satirical announcement to male and female Facebook users.
- EVERY FACEBOOK EVER pokes fun at trends relevant to Facebook, such as pointless online arguments and accidentally liking another's photo from years back.
- In MY FACEBOOK SECRET! (Ian is Bored 46), Ian makes reference to the "Putnam" emoji of Facebook software Chris Putnam.