|This article has multiple issues.|
Damien Christian Haas (born November 23, 1990) is a German-born American actor, voice actor, host, writer, and director. He is a member of Smosh Games, and co-host of The Damien & Shayne Show and Smosh Pit Weekly alongside Shayne Topp, and recurring cast member of the main channel Smosh. As of 2018, he is the newest member of the Smosh Family and of Smosh Games. The first time he was shown as a Smosh Games member being in the video The TRUTH about Smosh.
Prior to joining Smosh Games, he was most famous for starring as Damien Johanssen in Disney's So Random! along with Shayne, playing characters such as Zombie Man, Olaf Glutella, Nolan, and Scott the Anime Brother.
Before officially joining the Smosh family, Damien appeared in multiple Smosh side channel videos. His first Smosh appearance was on Smosh Games Live in the episode RAW DATA VR LIVE!, which aired on March 22, 2017. His first acting role on the Smosh main channel was in the video "EVERY APPLE STORE EVER".
He is also known for the voices of Nathan, Amy Shtuzger, A.K, and Toad on Clarence. He also voices small characters in the video games Grand Theft Auto V, Halo Wars 2, and Fortnite. Damien has worked with AwesomenessTV in the past, and was formerly a head writer of PassTheSticks.
In addition to being a part of Smosh and Smosh Games, Damien also streams frequently on Twitch. He began streaming in the interim between the shutdown of Defy Media and Smosh's acquisition by Mythical Entertainment and is still doing so as of June 2019. He has streamed a multitude of games, including Dark Souls 3, Stardew Valley, Resident Evil 2 (the 2019 remake), The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Hollow Knight, as well as many other popular titles. Damien currently streams on www.twitch.tv/damienhaas on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:30 pm PST, and on Sundays at 12 or 12:30 PST. If there are any changes in schedule or added streams, they are noted on his Twitter.
|So Random!||Damien Johanssen (Zombie Man, Olaf, Noland and Scott the Anime Brother.)|
|Clarence||Nathan, Amy Shtuzger, A.K, and Toad|
|Halo Wars 2||Warthog Driver|
|The Marc Pease Experience||Techie|
|Grand Theft Auto V||Additional Voices|
|Astrid Clover||Colin / Hipster / Crossing Guard|
|Halo: The Fall of Reach||John|
|Gamba: Ganba to nakamatachi||Additional Voices|
|We Bare Bears||Additional Voices|
James Bond: In Service of Nothing
Judge Dredd: Superfiend
|DJ / Junkie|
|Student #2 (A Very Glee Christmas)|
My Super Psycho Sweet 16
The Hero Complex
|Red Dead Redemption 2||Additional Voices|
|Surprising My Best Friend with a New Tesla!||February 19, 2020|
|Every Quarantine Ever||March 23, 2020|
|How To Spring Break (Quarantine Edition)||March 30, 2020|
|If Animal Crossing Were Real||April 6, 2020|
|Tiger King 2: Tigger King||April 13, 2020|
|Every Online Class Ever||April 20, 2020|
|Spicy Noodle Challenge (Parody)||May 6, 2020|
|Every Quarantine Graduation Ever||May 11, 2020|
|Every Morning Routine Ever||May 18, 2020|
|Every Insomniac Ever||June 15, 2020|
|These ASMR YouTubers Hate Each Other||June 17, 2020|
|Every Postmates Ever||June 22, 2020|
|Home School vs Public School||August 31, 2020|
|Every Twitch Stream Ever||November 16, 2020|
|Anime in Real Life||June 14, 2021|
|POV: You're the First Person at the Party||December 29, 2021|
|Anime Food Taste Test! (Eat It or Yeet It 22)||January 12, 2021|
|How Much Do Normies Know About Anime? (Stan vs Normies)||March 19, 2021|
|The Chosen VS Augustus: Bakugan||November 9, 2021|
- Damien has revealed in a livestream that his Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality is ENTP-T. He revealed also that most of his personality traits sit towards the middle, and hence he just considers himself a neutral human being.
- Damien has multiple alter-egos which have appeared at various points during his time in Smosh Games. Of these, there are four main characters which have recurring appearances in several Smosh and Smosh Games videos.
- One character, Randall Peppers/Pibbers, is a pseudonym for various character traits. Damien used this name in two episodes of the Try Not To Laugh Challenge, once as a naive sixth-grader with a drooling problem, and again as a gnome-like character auditioning to be a member of hip-hop band Migos.
- The second, a long-unnamed character with a fixed personality, was also originally brought up in an episode of the Try Not To Laugh Challenge, initially created by Damien when he and Shayne were attempting the challenge on the set of So Random!. Despite acting and sounding different to Randall Peppers/Pibbers, this character has also been called 'Randall' by Damien. The character has a nasal voice and seems to constantly speak his mind. He was later featured again in the test episode of Smosh and Order, used as a personality for the bailiff, whom Damien played in this episode, and made a third appearance in TRY NOT TO LAUGH CHALLENGE #21.
- This character is confirmed to be an inside joke between Shayne and Damien, as during his various attempts to make Shayne laugh in TNTL, Damien has only had to portray the character for a few lines of dialogue before Shayne begins laughing explosively. Shayne has indirectly referred to Randall as being Damien's surefire way of making him laugh during a Try Not To Laugh Challenge video.
- The third character, Kevin (or A. Kevin) was created when Boze dressed up Damien based on a branch of emo subculture. Based on his appearance, Damien gave himself the new name of Kevin, and characterized himself as a depressed twenty-six year old who finds comfort in his emphatic Christianity. Over time, new traits have been added to Kevin's character, including a job as an Uber driver, being in a band that creates religious music, self-proclaimed quasi-literacy, interests in fitness and skateboarding, and qualifications in psychiatry and nutrition. Kevin seems to be characterized as a Smosh Games viewer; he most likely does not work for Smosh as he already has two active careers.
- Kevin has had more cameos more than any of Damien's other alter-egos; besides his first appearance in EMO MAKEUP TRANSFORMATION, he has appeared as a witness in the third episode of Smosh and Order and has been referenced in videos numerous times. He is also the only one of Damien's known characters to have an entirely fixed name, personality and appearance.
- In the Maricraft episode titled BOZE STARTS A BUSINESS, Damien created a new character based on a stereotypical Yelp reviewer in order to review the two competing restaurants that the rest of the cast were working on, naming the character Augustus St. Cloud mid-episode. This character speaks with an exaggerated lisp, leaves very over-dramatic reviews of every restaurant he visits, and has a great liking for mutton and mayonnaise. In the subsequent episode, "Augustus" developed his own scale for reviewing restaurants, simply so he could rank Wes and Mari's restaurant above Boze and Joven's. Wes mentioned that the recent episodes had turned into the "Impress Damien show", Damien being in character as Augustus.
- Augustus also makes a return in DAMIEN KNOWS DA WAE, and also in Damien's livestream, where he played Untitled Goose Game and dubbed his goose "Augoostus".
- Damien and Smosh Squad member Shayne Topp met on the set of So Random! and acted on it together for the show's duration, becoming good friends in the process. In the Smosh BTS video BEST POKEMON ATTACKS, it was implied that they have been best friends since primary or middle school, though this conflicts with the statement that they met while acting on So Random!.
- In one of the Smosh Games Livestreams, MONOPOLY RUINS OUR FRIENDSHIP, it was revealed that Shayne and Damien had previously been roommates. In OUR FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF EACH OTHER, Shayne revealed that he and Damien were living together when Shayne auditioned for Smosh, and when he learned that he had got the job, he told Damien that if it was a success, he would try and get Damien a place the Smosh lineup - a promise he kept, getting Damien onto the Smosh Games cast in 2017.
- Damien has been speculated to be a psychic by many fans and Smosh members, due to many coincidences revolving around him in videos. There are many compilations of these incidences on YouTube, such as Damien Haas Is Psychic!!! (compilation). Damien has addressed on the SmoshCast Damien Is Not A Psychic - SmoshCast #36 that he is in fact not psychic. Many fans have dismissed it, many still believing him to be psychic, except that he has not realized his powers yet.
- Damien played Willy Wonka in his school production of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
- He has a second-degree black belt in Karate, though he has not practiced since he was a teenager.
- In a video on Joven's channel for his 'Five Fun Facts' series, Damien revealed that since his body has changed so much, he's not even sure whether the technique would correlate from his brain to his body correctly.
- Damien has two cats named Freyja and Zelda. He has indirectly referred to his cats as being one of the most important things in his current life.
- Freyja is smaller than Zelda, and is grey and white. She is often said by Damien to be the 'older, smarter sister'.
- Zelda is larger, often jokingly called 'a hecking chonker of a cat', and is black and white.
- Damien often refers to his cats as his "geese", which he says stems from his love of birds and from having them as pets when he was younger.
- In the past, Damien practiced leatherworking and at one point actually had a job connected with it. He might have been fired at some point, as suggested by this Instagram post.
- He auditioned for the role of Chad in Sonny With a Chance.
- This has subsequently lead to many members of the fandom referring to his quick and quiet addition to Smosh Main and Smosh Pit as being 'Chad Dylan'd'. This is due to the character in question, Chad, being placed in the spinoff show of Sonny With A Chance; So Random, with no explanation.
- While he was born on a military base in Germany, Damien was raised in Georgia.
- He was nominated for the Young Artist Award of Best Performance in a TV Series - Recurring Young Actor 17-21 (So Random!) in 2012.
- Damien has one sister, who is eight years older than him who still lives in Georgia. She is known in the Smosh fanbase for creating the catchphrase "Hot Lord" (according to Damien), and throughout Damien's Twitch Community for popularizing the 'potion seller' joke. He also has a step sister named Brittany Vasseur who has a popular YouTube channel under the same name. There she posts beauty and lifestyle videos.
- He was 15 years old when he got his first movie role in The Marc Pease Experience (2009), alongside Ben Stiller and Jason Schwartzman.
- Damien has revealed that he would like to be a father someday, but not in the immediate future. He is content for now with being a 'cat dad'.
- It has been revealed/implied that Damien is allergic to several things:
- It was implied in the Smosh Games video “CHURRO DECATHLON ” that Damien is allergic to walnuts. Matt Raub and Wes were listing the ingredients in the churros they had just eaten, listing walnuts as one of the ingredients; Wes mentioned that Damien wouldn't have been able to eat them, and Matt immediately confirmed that "Damien would’ve died".
- In the Smosh Pit episode 2 TRUTHS 1 LIE - BEST FRIEND WATER CHALLENGE, he stated that he is allergic to both horses and corn - specifically that they show up on allergy tests, but that corn at least doesn't entirely affect him.
- In the final episode of Game Bang, Damien stated that he has sensitive hearing. This can be hinted at in a few episodes such as "WE PLAY COOL CATS AND ASS HATS" when he briefly covered his ears when it was announced that Courtney, Olivia, and Noah had to have a competition to see who could clap the loudest.
- In one of his Instagram livestreams, he revealed that he can speak two other languages semi-fluently ("Enough German to get by in conversation, and enough Japanese to order or apologize for something.")
- In the same livestream he also reveals that he was a classically trained singer, and knows a bit of Italian because of it.
- Damien is a Harry Potter fan, and has said that his Hogwarts house is Ravenclaw, though he later stated that he had retaken the test and got Gryffindor.
- In Joven's Five Fun Facts Video, Damien revealed that he made it through many rounds of casting for the show 'Power Rangers'. He was incredibly close to getting a main role, but missed out by a small margin.
- According to Damien, he would have played the gold ranger, a side character that would become more important later in the show.
- Damien's old roommate, Michael, was the lawyer featured in REAL LAWYER DESTROYS JOVEN IN COURT.
- As of 2019, Damien is currently roommates with Matt Raub's younger brother, Mark Raub.
- Damien voiced disambiguous police/upper class voices in Grand Theft Auto 5.
- Damien has revealed that he was diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) towards the rumination type. This has been brought up in multiple videos and livestreams.
- Damien occasionally consumes too much caffeine, resulting in him being extremely hyper, child-like and snarky. This can be seen in Every In-N-Out Secret Item RANKED and Do These Crazy Life Hacks Actually Work?.
- Damien Haas (damienhaas) on Instagram: "Selfies are dumb, but I'm traveling alone, so... here ya go."