- "Welcome, everyone, to Smosh Games Top 5 Friday. I'm The Jovenshire and I'll be guiding you through this rollercoaster of emotion and anticipation: our very first Top 5 Friday! Thus, why I'm dressed so nicely. If you're wondering what this new show is all about, really, it's all in the title. It's up there, it's pretty self-explanatory. It's a top five list... on Friday... about the top five games adapted from movies and TV shows! Let's start, shall we?"
It was released on September 26, 2012 alongside the Game Bang episode HALO REACH.
Top 5 Games Based on Movies and TV shows with @theJovenshire
Top 5 Movie Games
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Joven praises the liberties the game took with the plot of the movie it is based on, but praises, even more, the depiction of Wolverine as the "brutal, ass-kicking monster that he is" and its thematically and mechanically appropriate level of violence.
- Spider-Man 2. In his opinion, nothing beats swinging around New York in this game; the web-swinging mechanics have yet to be surpassed, and the iconic voice acting of Bruce Campbell.
- Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Joven's favorite Star Wars game based directly on one of the films, his favorite part about it is the Battle of Hoth stage, since "Hoth stages are always the best. Always."
- The Simpsons (arcade). While a relatively basic game, Joven found it to be very fun. The combo moves make it especially worthwhile when playing with friends.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Based on one of Joven's favorite movies, one of his favorites things about it is that it adapts things from the first movie as well. He heavily praises the combat system, especially when it is done multiplayer.
- As a joke, Joven saved the #1 spot for Iron Man 2, but said he was kidding and instead labeled it as "sh*t".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.