- "First, I'm gonna find somewhere really wet, like a shallow riverbed. Then, I'm gonna lay my eggs, and you're gonna swim upstream to fertilize them, and then after seven to ten days, they're gonna hatch, and you're gonna protect them inside their mouth until they're old enough to survive in the wild..."
- —Ariel "talking dirty" to Eric[src]
Princess Ariel is the protagonist of Disney's 1982 animated film The Little Mermaid, as well as a main character of the film's prequel television series (1992-2004), its direct-to-video sequel The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (2000), and its direct-to-video prequel The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning (2008). She was voiced by American actress and singer Jodi Benson and she will be played by American actress in the upcoming live-action adaptation of the original film.
Ariel is the seventh and youngest daughter of King Triton and Queen Athena, rulers of the undersea kingdom of Atlantica. Ariel lived much of her young life with a passionate but forbidden admiration of the human world and longed to experience life on the surface. When the sea witch Ursula offered her a contract, which would grant her legs in exchange for her voice, she accepted. After Ursula's defeat when the sea witch tried to take over Atlantica, Ariel moves to the surface world to marry and live with her love Prince Eric.
Ariel and Eric lie together in their bedroom, with candles lit to set the mood. As Eric strokes Ariel's leg, he asks her to talk dirty to him. Initially, Ariel starts with normal, if creative dirty talk, telling Eric that she will find somewhere really wet, such as a shallow riverbed. To Eric's disgust, however, Ariel continues by describing how fish normally mate, telling him that she will lay her eggs and he will swim upstream to fertilize them, and when they hatch, he will protect them by keeping them in his mouth until they are old enough to survive in the wild. While Eric seems a bit frightened, Ariel seems turned on.
In the scene parodying The Little Mermaid as "The Little Mermaim", Ariel hums to herself as she combs her hair with a fork. She raises the fork in the air while gleefully staring at her meal, a fish strongly resembling her old sea friend Flounder, and starts repeatedly stabbing her dinner while yelling "Stab!" over and over.
Eric confronts Ariel over her obsession with legs, which he finds creepy, a feeling Ariel scoffs at. She later appears in a scene based on the Disney film Aladdin, in which she appears next to Jasmine to dismiss her worries of Aladdin potentially being a street rat instead of a real prince, interjecting her leg fetish. At that moment, Princess Tiana appears and asks where the couple's pet monkey Abu and tiger Rajah are at, a request Ariel seems amused by.
|If It Were Real||IF DISNEY PRINCESSES WERE REAL|
|One Letter Off||The Little Mermaid SNAPPED | One Letter Off Disney Movies|
|Every Disney Princess Ever|
- ↑ Ariel on Wikipedia
- ↑ Smosh on YouTube: IF DISNEY PRINCESSES WERE REAL at 1:10.
- ↑ Smosh on YouTube: The Little Mermaid SNAPPED | One Letter Off Disney Movies at 0:21.
- ↑ Smosh on YouTube: Every Disney Princess Ever at 1:43.
- ↑ Smosh on YouTube: Every Disney Princess Ever at 4:01.
- ↑ Courtney Miller on Instagram: "Tis I. The mermaid at this table. 🐠"