- Noah: "So what'd you do this weekend?"
- Olivia: "Oh, I wanted to watch TV but there was nothing new on, so I just watched reruns of Friends all weekend."
- — '98 Noah and Olivia[src]
Things sure have changed in the last 20 years! This is 1998 VS 2018!
2018: Ian eagerly awaits a masturbation session, mentioning the abundance and variety of porn at his fingertips, but is very indecisive about which video he wants to watch.
1998: Ian is shocked to see a pornographic image of a woman, free for viewing online. Ian eagerly awaits as the image slowly loads, only to reveal a man. A frustrated Ian wipes his hand and leaves the room. Soon after, Shayne walks in just as the image finishes loading and contentedly says "Nice. It happened again."
1998: Olivia and Courtney are at a crowded Backstreet Boys concert, holding signs and cheering for their idols. Olivia excitedly exclaims how hot the band members are. Courtney agrees, adding that the band is in their prime and so are they. The girls continue cheering.
2018: Olivia and Courtney, much older, are at a crowded Backstreet Boys concert. Olivia again exclaims how hot the band members are, and Courtney adds that the band is past their prime and so are they. The girls continue cheering.
1998: A news reporter (Olivia Sui) delivers news about an alleged affair involving President Bill Clinton and how America is outraged.
2018: A news reporter (Olivia Sui) for "BNN" announces news involving something President Donald Trump, but trails off and cedes that everyone knows what Trump has done, but no one cares as it is "way too much to process emotionally".
1998: Shayne and Ian are sitting on a couch and reading a music magazine together. Shayne mocks Coolio's hair. Ian is certain that it is merely a fad and that hairstyles will improve greatly in the future.
2018: Ian and Shayne are sitting on a couch. Ian is scrolling on a tablet and is taken aback by something he sees and retracts his statement. Shayne is confused, so Ian reminds him of his statement twenty years prior.
2018: Keith sits down next to Courtney in a lunch hall and asks what she got for lunch. Courtney lists her organic strawberries, kale salad, and various tree nuts. Keith's only reaction is a slightly surprised look on his face.
1998: Shayne sits next to Courtney in a lunch hall and asks what she got for lunch. Courtney lists her fruit gushers, 3D Doritos, Baby Bottle Pops, and excitedly announces her CapriSun Sea Monkey Blast. Water splashes onscreen and transitions to a skateboarder in the air and the logo for CapriSun Sea Monkey Blast and the slogan "Drink Your Pets", narrated by Ian.
1998: At an office, Noah asks Olivia what she did last weekend. Olivia describes how she wanted to watch television, but nothing new was on so she decided to watch reruns of Friends all weekend.
2018: At an office, Noah asks Olivia what she did last weekend. Olivia described how she wanted to watch Netflix but was overwhelmed at the abundance of options, so she ended up watching Friends all weekend. She and Noah agree that they love the show.
1998: Ian is about to call his grandmother but realizes that he does not remember her phone number. A shocked Shayne rhetorically asks if Ian has his grandmother's phone number memorized. Ian feels like a "total dingus" and Shayne calls him a dweeb.
2018: Ian and Shayne are cooking something that went terribly wrong, as evidenced by the smoke filling up the room. Ian is panicking as the emergency button on his phone is not working and frantically asks how to dial 911. Shayne yells that he is not a mathematician as the two loudly cough and choke on the smoke and collapse to the ground.
- Shayne looks at the '98 computer screen at bluntly exclaims his love of penis.
- '98 Courtney is unable to correctly deliver her lines about what she has for lunch.
- '98 Keith stumbles into the table.
- '18 Keith can't remember his line.
- '98 Keith pulls out from his lunch bag two oranges on a branch, to Courtney's surprise.
- '98 Ian expresses his hope that Nirvana will "get big". Shayne reveals that Nirvana is gone (Nirvana ended in '94 after the death of Kurt Cobain), much to Ian's frustrated surprise.
- '98 Shayne notices the blue goo on the computer desk and chuckles, slightly disgusted. Ian comes over and wipes a bit onto a napkin and chases Shayne with it.
The cast is listed in order of appearance by actor.
- Ian Hecox as himself an Caprisun commercial narrator
- Shayne Topp as himself
- Olivia Sui as a Backstreet Boys fangirl and a news reporter
- Courtney Miller as herself and a Backstreet Boys fangirl
- Keith Leak II as himself
- Noah Grossman as himself
- Director: Ryan Todd
- Producers: Ryan Todd, Alex Hluch, Kristina Nikolic
- Writers: Ian Hecox, Monica Vasandani, Ryan Finnerty
- Creative Director: Luke Barats
- Director of Photography: Mitch Anderson
- Editor: Leonard Wilkes
- Senior Producer: Alex Hluch
- Producer: Kristina Nikolic
- First Assistant Director: Tanner Risner
- Production Manager: Andy Garwig
- Production Designer: Jade Spiers
- Camera: Brennan Iketani
- 1st AC: Jameo Duncan
- Gaffer: Trent Turner
- Key Grip: Justin Thatcher
- Sound Mixer: Greg Jones
- Makeup Artist: Rachel Jenkins
- Costume Designer: Lindsay Hamilton
- Script Supervisor: Talia Brahms
- DIT: Walter Hill
- Production Assistant: Kristin Sanchez
- Art Assist: Hope Steinman
- Art Assist: Kianna Bliven
- Assistant Editor: Matthew Duran
- Post-Production Supervisor: Reed Brice